Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sergei Rachmaninoff

 wiki

Sergei Rachmaninoff, a Russian musician, is my favorite musician!! The first yime I heard his composition was in a Japanese drama "Nodame Cantabile" (交響情人夢). The leading actor performed Piano Concerto No.2 of Rachmaninoff. I really marveled at the stunning musical note. And I have tried many kind of version. I found that the most important factor to make the concerto  perfect is the chief of piano. I hope that you can also hear the wonderful melody.

In addition to the Piano Concerto No.2, the Piano Concerto No.3 is also famous. His compositions are genuinely Russian style: impassioned, beautiful and difficult to play. His whole life was always in a melancholy and accepted the mental healing. Every day his psychological therapist made him in a dark room and repeatedly told him that "You will start to compose concerto.  Your work will be the best...". It's kind of weird, but after the therapy he created the wonderfully Piano Concerto No.2.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I like your pictures. Have you ever been to Russia? I have never been to Russia, and I didn’t know much about it before. But I know it through your pictures and words now. I hope in one day I can visit all beautiful counties what I saw in pictures, and how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Russia, either. But if I have the opportunity, I will enjoy the trip. It's really a beautiful country, right?

    ReplyDelete