Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Russian

I have learned Russian for more than three years,but I think it is still tough for me. There are so many grammatical rules I need to remember and to be familiar with. It's not easy to memorize a vocabulary but it is more difficult to figure out how the vocabulary vary in the all situations. It's hard to understand for the Chinese learners and English learners. Take a word "school" for example. After I know the meaning and the spelling of "school", I can put it in any sentences. Such as "I like the school", "I went to the school", "I leave the school", "He walks by the school" and so on. It's so normal for us. But it never happened in Russian. The word "school" changes in the sentence I just said. It always drives me crazy. Not only nouns are changeable but also the adjectives, adverbs and verbs. However I will never give up learning Russian, because the intonation is still beautiful and enchanting.

2 comments:

  1. It’s always very difficult to start a new language. Often the same word may have many different meanings. This happened to me as I learned Japanese even though Japanese and Chinese has something in common. I think it’s really incredible of you to learn Russian since Russia and China doesn’t have many cultural relations. Good luck, I think you can do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russian is well known for its rich morphology which compensates for the relatively free word order in sentences! It's also known as one of the most difficult languages in the world.

    But since you're fond of it, good luck for your learning is all I can say! XD

    ReplyDelete